Monday, May 2, 2016

Mulch Day

I am known for my love of fresh mulch.  When they put the spring mulch down on Darling Daughter's campus, she texted and said that it made her miss me!   I love the organic smell of fresh mulch, I love the way it takes landscaping from dreary to bright and fresh.  It just isn't spring without a fresh layer of mulch!   I love mulch day!


The landscaping just looks tired and drab from the winter.





I love this guy and our days spent together!






The rain wasn't nearly what was forecasted for the weekend in our area, thankfully.  On Friday Mr. Wonderful and I went to our favorite place to get mulch, Dirt Cheap Mulch.  With two truck loads we were able to add it around the house, in the front of the green house and under our picnic table.

From tired to fresh!


Freshly mowed and mulched!

One step closer to finished!

Sharing with friends:  Making Your Home Sing MondayInspire Me Monday; Busy Monday; Creative GalleryHomemaking PartyWhimsy Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. I love mulch too! :-)

    I can remember years ago, mulching the area around our rock wall in the back yard. At night, I would turn the spot light and just enjoy how fresh and neat the rock wall looked and reflect on the echos of laying the mulch down in the bright sunshine.

    I always admire other peoples homes when they freshly mulch. Which is why I enjoyed your pictures so much! You have a lovely home and yard. Looks peaceful and quiet.

    Thanks for letting me into a piece of your world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much for stopping by! Our weather has been so nice this week, I have especially enjoyed the fresh clean mulch. I am glad to know there are others who enjoy the simple pleasures! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I am new to your blog. I really have enjoyed what I have seen; I need to mulch now:) We have been in our home for a little over a year now,and have been learning what we have as far as vegetation...what we can cut out and what to keep. Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete