Monday, June 20, 2016

Easy Mixed Berry Cobbler

It has been a crazy stretch, for the last month I have either been traveling or hosting my parents.  I enjoyed each and every moment, but I have been a bad blogger.  As a side note,  I hate hotels' slow and spotty  wi-fi connections!



We returned home on Friday from a week in St. Louis, although we had a day of fun it was mostly business and I was wiped out.  Saturday I made a run to the grocery to pick up a few things to get us though the weekend.  With Sunday being Father's Day I wanted to make a dessert for Mr. Wonderful, but it needed to be easy, make a smaller amount and of course be delicious.  With berries on sale, I thought of a yummy cobbler I had at my friend Emily's.









The recipe was a Pinterest  find, I love having friends to share Pinterest successes and failures!   I used one cup each of blackberries, strawberries and blueberries.  Really a cross between a cobbler and a crumble,  the topping required pretty basic ingredients that I had on hand.  To prepare the whole thing took less than 15 minutes, can't beat that!  The complete recipe can be found here:  Bake or Break Mixed Berry Cobbler . The only change made was to bake in an 8' square pan.




As the heat rises I will be using my oven less and less, but I was thinking of freezing bags of the berry mix.  When the temperatures cool again, it would be a nice warm treat!  If you need something easy and delicious, this my friends is it!



Sharing with:  Inspire Me Tuesday;  Titus 2 Tuesday; Grace at Home;


No comments:

Post a Comment