Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Junking Treasures

Are you a junking junkie?  My friend Emily and I went last week and we had a great time.  We went to our local Habitat Restore, she had never been and I had only been there once before.  The first time I  was with Mr. Wonderful and let's just say he is not a fan, we breezed through in a few minutes.  Emily and I spent two hours and it felt like a few minutes!







My find of the day was this awesome Coleman Cooler.  It is metal, from the 1970's I think and is this great color of blue.  Fifteen bucks friends, when I saw it I knew it was coming home with me.  I need to clean it up and I am not sure exactly what I am going to do with it, Wonderful said why not just use it for a cooler!!!






I also found some other treasures including some vintage cookie cutters, this light I am going to use outside at the greenhouse and a star that will be perfect for one of my nativities at Christmas.  Emily found some canisters and a great old stool to recover the seat, unfortunately I didn't get pictures.  It was such a fun day and I can't wait to find many other places to explore.





Have you found any treasures lately?  Or have a junking buddy, I would love to hear all about it!



Sharing my junk with:  Homemaking Party

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I love everything vintage and decorating our home in them. We are looking at vintage home accents now to build with. I love that every peice has a story and I am able to use them with my own ��.

    Love the cooler! I agree with using it, makes it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I love it too! I love using stuff in unique ways as well.

      Delete