Monday, June 27, 2016

Remodeling a Bathroom

Have I ever told you about finding our house?  When we decided to move, we chose our neighborhood because lot sizes ranged from one half to an acre in the section we were interested in purchasing.  The neighborhood was older, with houses from 50 plus years old to newer homes, and crazy enough in the Houston city limits, plus we were less than 10 minutes from church.  Although we knew that in order to afford this area we would have to go with an older home that needed some work, I didn't want a major project.  Perhaps a few cosmetic updates, but that was all I was interested in tackling.




Talk about eating my words, we are almost two years into a major remodel.  The last big project was our bathroom.  Being over 50, our house did not have a true master bath, although not a deal to us, we knew if we ever decided to sell we needed one.  Well this weekend was bathroom demo day!  For me it was a mixture of excitement and dread.  Excitement that we were tacking the last big in house project, but dread of all of the mess yet again.  It didn't help that I felt terrible all day Saturday, what allergens are in the air at the end of June?  Anyway, Mr. Wonderful is a beast and tackled the whole thing himself!




I am embarrassed to show you how our bathroom has looked for the last couple of years.  Half torn wall paper.  The floor has parts of the vinyl ripped up, I put rugs down to cover holes that had to be made in the floor for other projects.  The only thing that surpassed my dread of the mess was the desire for a nice bathroom that felt clean and was pleasing to get ready in every morning.  So here we go!  Our best guess is that it will take at least a couple of months to completion.  Remember we are weekend warriors, and we work on our projects as we have time, money and energy!  I will be showing the progress here so stay tuned!





But for now, this is it!





Sharing this mess with:  Inspire Me TuesdayTitus 2 Tuesday; Homemaking Party;

3 comments:

  1. God bless the mess...to bring about a wonderful redo. πŸ™πŸ˜‡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will be glad when it is all done. I wish you well on it! Visiting today from The Homemaking party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing the bathroom has been remodeled by now, and you can give a sigh of relief that the last big project is finished. I do not see anything to be embarrassed about in your pictures. It is an old house and you have worked on other projects, so there was bound to be some wear and tear. I am sure your new bathroom looks great.

    ReplyDelete