Thursday, June 2, 2016

Visiting Our Kids

Two of our children live in Louisville, KY, that is about a 16 hour drive in case you are wondering.  We went to visit last week and had a great time.







Darling Daughter finished her first year of college and The Businessman is busy as always and we didn't get quite as much time with him as we would have liked but we still had lots of fun.




















Big Four Bridge  was built in the 1800's and has been converted into a walking bridge from Kentucky to Indiana.  It is a couple of miles round trip giving amazing views of the city of Louisville and quaint houses that line the river on the Indiana side.






We also visited Louisville Stoneware , it is a pottery store dating back to 1815 and is still handmade today.  We didn't take the tour but I will next time.  The pottery is beautiful and although I was there to buy a gift I will be purchasing a couple of special pieces for myself in the future.

















Crazy Daisy  was the cutest antique store and we spent several hours going through the many booths.  Finding lots of treasures I only bought two things, I had to get them home by the way,  one a table for the girl that is perfect for the dorm room.  It is like what we used to call a TV tray and folds flat but it is an antique table about coffee table height and the best color of green that shows a few previous layers.  Perfection!  I also came home with  a couple of plant stands for the front porch, not antiques but work perfectly for what I needed.







Lots of good food including some really good Oriental, one of my favorite pizzas at Mellow Mushroom  and Steel City Pops , the most yummy homemade popsicles.  I will be visiting the Steel City in Houston, (even though it isn't close) so what is your favorite flavor?  We also enjoyed some of Darling Daughter's favorite coffee, Heine Brothers.

It was a great trip, just not quite long enough!  (All of these photos were taken on my phone.)


No comments:

Post a Comment