Monday, October 24, 2016

Making My Week Productive

My week hasn't been very productive, and just to be honest frustrating.  We are in a holding pattern in so many areas right now.  Our bathroom remodel has stalled, it is taking twice as long as I had hoped when we started.  We have hired someone to do the tile, but he can't start for a few weeks.  There are several things that can't move forward until the tile is in, we had to special order a part for the skylight because of the slope of the ceiling and that postponed getting that installed, but hopefully this weekend.







We are car shopping for Darling Daughter.  Car shopping stinks, used car shopping is worse and takes so much time.  We have a tight budget and of course want the best safest car possible for the girl, but doing it from a thousand miles away is an added frustration.  While we are looking there, we are also looking here and will take it up at Thanksgiving, we are open to our options.  For all of the honest people trying to sell a car there are scams, for all of the good salespeople there are dishonest ones and unfortunately we seem to keep running into the latter in these categories.




I have really gotten caught up in all of the things I would like to do but can't because of circumstances that I have no control over.  I have allowed what can't be done to overshadow my week and my mood.  Yesterday I decided to change my focus, instead of the frustration of what can't be done or sits undone I decided to shift to what can I do.  If you have followed me for long you know I am a list maker, so I chose to make a list of what I can do.  I can work on a couple of craft projects that gets my Christmas list closer to done.  I can recover a chair seat in my bedroom.  I can clean my laundry-mudroom (even though I don't want to).  Truth is there is much I can be doing, but by focusing on what I couldn't do, nothing was getting done and that was frustrating me even more!




Attitude and focus are powerful life influences.  When my focus is on the negetatives around me, I get overwhelmed, when I choose to focus on the things I do have control over and indeed can get completed then I feel more accomplished and productive.  Do you have somethings that are frustrating to you, change your focus.  How can you be productive, make a list of five things you can do and have control over.  Focus on completing those five things, when those things are finished make a list of five more things.  It can be as simple as cleaning out the junk drawer, because who among us wouldn't benefit from that!  What about planning your meals for the next week, this will benefit everyone in your house.  It really doesn't matter what is on the list the idea is to be focused on tasks that can be accomplished now!


No comments:

Post a Comment