Monday, January 9, 2017

Magnolia Wreath

Like everyone else I love a good magnolia wreath.  I have shopped around for a quite a while, the ones I liked were a little over my budget and let's just say the cheaper ones, well looked cheap.





When at Hobby Lobby, I gave their wreath a second look and because it was fifty percent off, I decided to go ahead and pick it up.  I also purchased a bunch of additional silk magnolia leaves, they were $17.99 and I used the good old faithful 40% off.











I cut the bunch apart into stems that ended up being three leaves each.  Making sure to continue adding the additional leaves in the the direction that the leaves on the wreath were going, I tucked the stems into the base of the wreath and added plenty of hot glue.  There were a few places that I also used pieces of floral wire to add security in areas that needed a little more support.  I found that although it didn't need much fluffing, that was easier to do when it was hanging on the wall.




I love the way it looks above my bed.  It is very lush and full!




Sharing with:  Inspire Me TuesdayMake it Pretty MondayWow us WednesdayThe Homemaking Party

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, have you seen the magnolia wreath that is the signature item for the Magnolia Market? It's $95.00 and yours is much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey, mine came in at $35 dollars and I am super happy with it!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful wreath and perfect for any season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Courtney and thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Awesome wreath. Thanks for showing how you enhanced the fullness of the wreath by adding extra leaves. Found you on the Homemaking Party. Best wishes, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you for stopping by and checking out my project!

      Delete
  4. wow this looks stunning! I love it and you made it look so simple to make. I love simple crafting!So happy to find it at the homemaking party today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzie thank you! Thank you so much for the encouragement and thanks for the visit!

      Delete